Search engine optimization can be said as internet’s marketing strategy or tactics to attract the maximum number of theaudience by obtaining a top position in search results. It deals with the working of search engines, the keywords of the searched items and the actual searched.
Optimization of search engines began in mid-1990’s when WEBMASTERs started optimizing sites for search engines. The process was when URL was given to them; they would send a spider to crawl the page and send the information to be indexed. Another program called indexer extracted information from the page such as thelocation of keywords.
Google In Search Engine Optimization:-
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin, graduates of the Stanford University,developed Backrub, a search engine which used amathematical algorithm to define the distinction of WebPages.
- Later that year they founded Google which grew to become the most popular search engine today. It attracted a lot of users due to its simple layout.
- The another reason was that, as it took into consideration some page factors unlike other search engines, Google could avoid manipulations seen in the search engines.
- By the year 2004, many search engines got a lot of improvementto reduce link manipulation. Google Bing and Yahoo had grown up to be the top search engines,but they did not disclose their methodologies they uses to rank pages.
- In the year 2005, Google startedidentifying search results by the information based on the user’s search history. A few years later, they included using the search history of its all the users to fill search results.
- A new indexing system called Google Caffeine was publicized. Itmodernised its index to make things highlightfaster on its website. Astatic time search called Google Instant was also developed to make the outcome more appropriate.
- Google Panda update was released to penalize websites that had duplicated contents from another website. Google Penguin penalized websites that used data to manipulate algorithms that alter the search result and bring the website on ahigher
Some Method for SEO:-
Optimizing a website may include editing the content of it, to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines change the associated coding, etc.Some of the methods for search engine optimization are-
- Increasing Prominence
- Black HatSEO Techniques
- Prevention Of Crawling
SEO can be used as a marketing strategy, butit’s not quite effective for all websites. Other things like the building of good quality Web Pages increasing a site’s conversion rate and setting up a talented analytics team are also needed. It is good business tactics for site operators to liberate themselves from dependence on traffic.
What matters the most is that when a reader opens the page, he should feel like a human wrote the contents. So, hire a company providing SEO, Web Design & Content in Rochester NY & you’ll get the best results after some time.